Saturday, January 3, 2009

Citrus and Bees

Our Park is filled with citrus trees and I love them! As I sit in my office typing this blog, I am looking at a fully loaded orange tree. We have lots of grapefruit, lemon and oranges, both the juicers and navels. There are a few lime trees. Neighbors are very generous with their fruit, as there are far more than enough to share. My Grandson, Teddy, loves to stand on a stool and help me squeeze his fresh orange juice. When the trees are in bloom, the aroma of the blossoms is awesome.

Well, along with the citrus comes bees and yesterday, as I was sitting on our front porch, this crazy bee came out of nowhere and stung me on the front of the neck. Today I have a big swollen neck....and I have a party to go to tonight. It's bad enough to have a fat face, I certainly didn't need to add to it.

It's a beautiful warm day and yep, I'm heading out to sit on the porch. I better not run into another bee!

Enjoy your day....Mary Ann

No comments: