Friday, December 5, 2008

TOUGH BEING A MOM

Sometimes it is tough being a Mom. Randy has been here the past 5 days and it was beyond nice having him. However, when my big executive Son left for Seattle this afternoon, it reminded me when he was a little boy and I would put him on the school bus in the morning....then I would stand back and cry. Well, when he left today those memories flooded back in my mind.....so I sat on the porch and cried. I guess once a Mom always a Mom no matter how old our children get.

Of course, it is even worse with the Grandchildren. I remember when Tiffany sang in the Children's Choir, I would sit and cry through the entire performance. Am I extra sensitive, or what?? Shari is being honored soon with Angel Charity at the Christmas Ball and I know I will have to fight like crazy to keep my eyes dry......I'm determined.

Randy is such a perfectionist and everything was in tip top shape around here before he left. He made sure there wasn't anything left for me to do. I don't get to see him often, but he is so good about calling weekly and we keep up on all that is going on. I really look forward to this time with him.

The house is a little too quiet tonight......Rob and Ted will be here tomorrow evening and I am happy about that.
I had better get busy and not dwell on a quiet house. Love your kids while you can!!

1 comment:

Bev said...

Being a mom is what its all about.I'm glad you are feeling better after your accident.