Thursday, December 4, 2008

OCTOBER ACCIDENT

Auto accidents can mean pain in many places, including the car! In October I was at a complete stop behind other cars at a stop light, when I was slammed in the rear by another car - pushing me into the car in front of me and causing a 4 car accident.
The first impact threw me forward and the second threw me sideways twisting my spine. I had severe seatbelt injuries to both breast...plus neck whiplash and the spine injury. Both of my breast were swollen three times the normal size...totally purple, black and blue. I still have blood clots in one breast. I have finally recovered from the whiplash and chest injury, but wow, it is taking forever for the spine. However, I am slowly improving and able to stand a little longer and walk a little farther. I still have a lot of lower back pain that radiates down my left leg. I have been going to a noted Kinesiologist and Chiropractor and I have been pleased with this treatment.

And then there is the car.....This past Tuesday I received a call that the car was finally ready. Thankfully, Randy was here to go with me to pick it up. He looked it over and said there was paint overspray plus several other things that had not been done. We came home without the car. Then....yesterday we made another trip to get the car and as I was driving home there was a big rattle and my heart dropped....now what?
Well this morning, Randy and I headed back to the body shop and thankfully, the rattle was coming from the license plate holder that wasn't put back on properly.
Whew...I was able to drive my car home and I am very happy to have it back.

Finally the big pain with the Insurance Company.....They will not admit fault (All State) even though the law states that they are at fault. I have had to hire an Attorney... I am trying to forget about the entire mess and let him take care of it. I am just concentrating on getting well.

No comments: