Friday, December 19, 2008

Holiday Happenings

It is hard to believe that Christmas will be in just a few days. I love this time of the year and as I get older, I make certain I am never too busy to enjoy the reason for the season.

Today was my Birthday Club's Holiday Lunch at Firebirds in the foothills....it is always special to spend time with my good friends, Georgeann, Paddi and Eileen. Several hours can slip by and we can still find plenty to talk about.

It was then a very special time in our Park. We quickly fixed hot dogs for our family to eat before heading out.....yearly we are visited by two firetrucks that are beautifully decorated with thousands of lights, including a Santa village in the middle and electric trains running around...totally awesome. The firetrucks led the parade followed by decorated golf carts and an open air wagon filled with people, sponsored by the Shriners. It really set the mood and pace for the holidays. Of course, Wayne had decorated our golf cart and it was a sight to see with wreaths, lights galore and wrapped Christmas packages piled high in the back. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can make this thing work. Rob was dressed in his Santa suit and Ted was an elf. Shari was in the cart with me and we had a great time wishing everyone a Merry Christmas! Our Park is large and it takes quite some time to go to every street, but we joyfully followed those firetrucks. Hot chocolate and cookies followed at the Club House by a blazing fire. This is now a yearly event that we all look forward to and it is another way to create memories for Rob and Ted.

Enjoy your families, enjoy all the festivities, but make time to relax and enjoy the reason for the season....Christ birth.

No comments: