Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Long Awaited Christmas Ball


Since Shari was the 2008 Chairman of Angel Charity for Children, the Christmas Ball was her big event of the year. Being her Mom, I was her sounding board in many situations and I tried to help her out taking care of Rob and Ted when she was involved in countless meetings. Also, being her Mom, I was a little nervous and apprehensive wondering if the final results of her efforts would meet the standards she was hoping for.

Well.....beyond any doubts, she and her committees did an outstanding job. The Ball was an enormous success!! Every detail was perfect....the ballroom was decorated beyond awesome with 9000 roses in arrangements sitting atop tall pedestals on tabletops with roses and candles arranged around the bases. The walls of the ballroom were twinkling with lights...the Band was over the top and the food delicious, served with percision and perfection. It was a glorious evening and what a proud Mom I was! Her theme was "A Mid Summer's Nights Dream" and it truly was just that.

Most of all, it was a joy to hear the many compliments for my daughter. The most meaningful compliments were from top people telling me not only that she was so capable and able, but that everything she did came from her heart.

As her Mom, I know all of this and I know what her talents are and I am so proud of her.....but, it was nice hearing it from others.

However, I am very glad this year is over and we can all return to a more relaxing lifestyle. Good job, Shari, we are so proud of you..... God has blessed us with the best daughter ever!!

No comments: