Monday, February 2, 2009

A Beautiful Sunny Day


Wow.....another beautiful warm sunny day. We have had a winter storm passing through for the past 4 days and daytime temperatures were only in the 60’s. Now it is nice to be back in the mid 70’s.

Wayne’s cousin, Joan Smith, has been here this week, so time has flown. It was nice to have here here and we shared many laughs together, plus we ran all over the town. Joan is driving by herself to the tip of Mexico.....crazy, huh? But, there was no changing her mind, so with prayers, we wished her a safe and happy trip this morning. I have talked to her once this morning and she was happy as a lark and cruising along.

Why do I never feel like cooking on Friday evenings? Not just today, but I feel this way every week. Think it is an evening for either going out or bringing in. Wayne had extensive dental work done on Monday and eating is still a little uncomfortable for him.....so, looks like I had better rethink this idea of mine. I do know we are taking our cart out for a ride early evening and we must pick more citrus. It is so awesome to see all of this ripe fruit hanging on the trees.

I have so many things I want to accomplish and there is never enough time to do everything.....it is not supposed to be like this in retirement!! I want to start knitting my Granddaught a few things.....perhaps I can complete them by next fall....at the rate I am going that is questionable. My Xango partner, Vicki Jo, and I are beginning to prepare for a Xango Exhibit and we have only made a dent in this. I have finally installed new software in my computer and I haven’t had time to have fun with it, but maybe....just maybe, I will be able to upload some pictures.

I am still doctoring my messed up spine, but gradually we are seeing improvement. I am getting tired of the constant Doctor appointments, but I know this is necessary and I feel blessed to have an excellent Doctor.

Hey.....this is Super Bowl Sunday, so I had better get a big pot of soup on the stove. Of course, we will be rooting for the ARIZONA CARDINALS!!

Enjoy your week-end.....don’t forget to count your blessings!
Mary Ann

No comments: