Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bits and Pieces


I am amazed how many things can happen in a day, but I do know the days disappear waaay too fast.

This day began with my laser treatment to my back by the Doctor....bit by bit a little improvement happens. Just a long slow journey. I will be so happy to be able to return to my pool exercises.

I have thought deeply today about three very special boys and revised my prayer list to include my nephew, Mark, who is a Medic with the Navy. Mark has served three tours in Iraq and next month will be leaving for Afganistan. He is not too happy with this assignment, as fighting is on a totally different level and style. He has seen more than his share of blood shed. He will certainly need all of our prayers. Then, my great Nephew, Michael, just enlisted with the Army and will soon be leaving for Boot Camp in Missouri. Michael will be training to be a MP (Military Police). I can feel the tug on my Niece's heart, as she sends her first son off for the first time. Michael has a twin brother, Christopher. Then our close friend, Michael Treim, who was a friend of our Granddaughter Tiffany, enlisted in the Coast Guard and will be leaving soon.....Micheal T. is leaving behind a very neat Mercedes SUV!! Mike T. is an only son and again, we know how hard it is for parents to let go. We are so proud of these three boys, who are so willing to serve our Country and I want them to know that I will be on my knees praying for them.

I was busy calling and mailing out information to my Xango users today. Even here we can see how the economy is hurting many people......daily Wayne talks to Contractors and Builders who have had to close offices and projects.

I am also organizing a YARN CLUB here in the Park. It will be a fun time to just visit together a couple of hours a week, share patterns and help each other with projects. We are excited to begin. When I am better organized I will post some projects here.

I want to specifically use this blog to pray for any special needs that anyone has. This is a hard time for many people......and, I would like all of you to pray for the three above boys.

Stay well and safe and don't forget to count your many blessings. Mary Ann

Photo Credit: Google Images

No comments: