Our early fall is in the air.....my most favorite time of year. This is true wherever we are living as I am continually amazed that God created His beauty all over the Country. October and November is absolutely beautiful in the Desert. Our hot summer is coming to a close....our mornings and evenings are much cooler (no sweaters needed) and entertaining family and friends begin to happen with real vigor. Our outside spaces come alive as patios and porches become additional living spaces.
Instead of 4 normal seasons, the Desert has about 8 mini seasons. During the coming weeks Snowbirds (winter visitors) begin returning to the Desert to enjoy our wonderful weather, but increasing our traffic. Plus flocks of birds migrate to the Desert to shower us with their beauty and beautiful songs. Our citrus is beginning to ripen and will be ready by late Fall. In the meantime, the fruit adds an array of beauty to our trees. I have just had the first ripe lime from my little tree in the front yard. Looking out my office window I can enjoy the ripening of orange, lemon and grapefruit trees. Nothing taste better than tree ripened fruit.
As our weather cools I bring out my knitting and begin projects of fuzzy hats, warm scarfs and slippers for the Grandchildren. Teddy has already ordered 'green slippers'. It is with total joy that I begin these small projects. Holiday thoughts and ideas begin popping into my head and I am looking forward to spending time with special friends. We have a very large pool in our Park, which is heated to 88 degrees all winter.....needless to say, pool time will continue to be a priority.
My heart is full of joy and and over flows with thanksgiving as we begin my 'favorite time of the year'.....it is so easy to remain a very BLESSED ARIZONA GRAMMA.
No comments:
Post a Comment