Saturday, September 12, 2009

POLITICS

Politics can be an ugly subject (sometimes). However, as good citizens and having a love for our County, it is also a very important subject. I like to think of myself as being a very conservative Independent....voting for the best person that I feel will serve in the best capacity of whatever office they are running for. I hope that I will always look at all issues and make a complete study of that issue and not be blinded by whoever is popular.

It is so interesting that as I talk to people and ask them about the Health Care bill that the Senate will be voting for, their opinion is based on whatever they are hearing on the news or the fact that they voted for a person, so whatever they say is true.....oh my, that in itself is bad news! I am fortunate enough to have both friends and family that will dissect any bill line by line and actually know what it says and means. I try to do my part in this too. I also listen to both sides of an issue and hopefully use my own abilities to make my decision. Shari's husband, Tom...our Randy.....and good friend, Jim Swartwood, are all good at going line by line with bills and issues. I appreciate opinions from both my Democrat and Republican friends. What I don't like is someone saying "well, I voted for so and so....they must be right. That sounds pretty stupid to me. I voted for George Bush, but did I like everything that he did? Absolutely not! I have a responsibility to be the best that I can be for my Country. I take the time to listen to the liberal press and TV stations and after listening to many lies, I am happy to return to FOX news and Glenn Beck, where, as an Independent, he calls it as it is. He is also very honest.

I challenge you to listen to both sides of the issues and studying line by line before making up your mind. Be smart and responsible about your choices.

No comments: