Monday, April 27, 2009

A Busy Friday






I kinda hate to admit this, but I am definitely a better talker than taking pictures. I have a big problem of getting so involved in conversation that I forget to take pictures of the event! When I get home and ready to write a blog I suddenly realize I don't have many pictures. But, boy did I ever have fun visiting and talking!!

This past Friday was the Park Carport Sale. I certainly don't need anything and my friends know that I am not a Garage Sale junkie....however, my friend Bev called and wanted me to run around in the golf cart and she would hop off to see if she could find anything interesting. We ended up laughing a lot and of course talking a mile a minute.

The beautiful Iris is between our house and my neighbors. It is really Marlene's flower, but I enjoy it from my living room, so I water and fertilize it.....she can't see it from her house, so I kinda claim it.

Later Friday evening our good friends, Paddi and Michael, hosted their annual Chili Fest......oh my, not only did I visit and talk non stop I ate non stop too. Paddi makes the most awesome chili and cornbread, followed by homemade brownies. Plus she has a large table laden with fresh fruit, chips and many delicious dips.

Paddi, is the same talented Artist that I have previously told you about. Her work is shown in only the finest Galleries. She and Michael have a beautiful home at Tucson National Golf and Country Club. Paddi is also known for her "green thumb" as she has the most beautiful gardens around her home.

It was especially nice to reconnect with other old friends.....and yes, the evening was spent in lively chatter. I came home with just two pictures - and not very good ones. I am mad at myself when there was a wealth of beautiful art and gardens to take pictures of. I just get so involved with friends!!

Shari's boys were camping, so she was able to go with us....in fact, it was nice having her drive us.

There were blessing galore on the entire day.......I remain a very thankful Arizona Gramma.

No comments: