Saturday, March 21, 2009

Funerals and Legacies

Today was the funeral of one of our neighbors. I didn't know him as well as I know his wife, but I do know he was a Godly man. He was a successful professional gentleman who impressed all that knew him. The service was beautiful and the plan of salvation was plainly given.

As I sat through the service, I was thinking of the wonderful legacy that he left behind and the impressions that he made in the lives of others. Then I thought of my own legacy....what do I want to be remember for? Certainly not my decorating skills, china, or any material possessions......but, I pray that I will leave a legacy of being a woman of faith.....a caring friend....a woman who loves her family, but mostly a woman who is willing to share God's love and the plan of salvation that he so freely gives.

Wow, I think I have lots of work to do.

Mary Ann

No comments: