Thursday, March 12, 2009

Awards and Batter Up





This Arizona Gramma is having a hard time keeping up with life. My daily schedules have had me coming and going. The most important schedules have included Rob and Ted. I had forgotten how busy two boys can be.

Today was awards day at their school. I was sooooo proud of them as they each received the highest award....The Principal Award for each of them in their class. This award is for academic achievement in their class. As usual, this Gramma was busy drying her eyes.

Then.....it's time for Little League Baseball. Of course, Gramma has to go to practice and then the games start. Both boys are so tall. Teddy is actually in T-Ball, but they allow him to practice on Rob's team and he does quite well. Rob is the tallest on his team. They are going to be two very big boys. They needed a Manager for their team and when no one else was available... yep, Shari is now the team manager!! The kids call her "Coach Lowell". She definitely is NOT the Coach, but as an organizer, she is right in there managing and keeping all the boys and parents organized. She is a super Mom and very involved with her boys. It is funny to watch her arrive at the ball field with all the bats, balls, water, first aid supplies, etc. etc. Tom handles all the Boy Scout stuff.

A little of my day involved an early Doctor appointment to have some minor surgery on my neck.....raced to pick out new eye glass frames.....stopped to buy gluten free food and flew home for lunch. I comforted a neighbor who just lost her husband and rejoiced with another neighbor who was excited that her dog passed his 'service dog' test. Jumped in the car and raced to the School for the Awards Ceremony.....back in the car to pick Wayne up at the Airport. We went directly to the ball field to watch the boys practice. It is a good thing that I didn't have to walk far with any of these activities.....with my bad back and Parkinson's, I would not have made it through the day.

I feel so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. However, tonight I am signing off as a very tired Arizona Gramma.
Mary Ann

1 comment:

Dale & Brennan said...

I am tired from just reading your post. Glad you are having fun with your grandsons. I'm having a blast with Michelle but I admit I have trouble keeping up with her energy.

Colleen