Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Resurrection Day 2010





I thought I had better blog about recent events, as I would probably forget what is happening in our world. Life is good, but life has been busy and that is the way it should be.

Our weather has been glorious....it is a delight to roll out of bed every morning and throw on shorts and a tee shirt and know that I am set for the day. It was on a bright, sunny warm day that we were able to celebrate Easter Sunday. Unfortunately, we had to do this without Wayne, as it was his day to work at our Park Gate. I headed to Rancho Sahuarita to attend Church with Tom, Shari and boys. It was special to attend their little Baptist Church in Green Valley...to sing songs about the resurrection and hear a message about the risen Christ was a special blessing. Afterwards we enjoyed a wonderful brunch at the Country Club in Green Valley. The buffet was awesome and it made for an easy breezy day for Shari and me. The Green Valley hillsides are beautiful and the desert homes were special to see.

After returning to their home, I stayed to watch a movie with Tom and the boys, while Shari took a much needed nap. I arrived back at our Park as Wayne was finishing his 5 hour shift. On holidays our Park always has a big dinner for residents, as there are many who do not have families locally. The kitchen help delivered a big ham dinner to Wayne at the entrance gate, which was so special. However, he was so busy with people coming and going, it was hard for him to get much eaten.

Now to back up a little....Saturday night before Easter Wayne and I had a lovely dinner out for the two of us to celebrate Easter together. We stopped by the large car show that Wayne loves to go....it didn't take long to find Del Bosman there, so the guys were able to spend a little time together.

This past Monday evening, we enjoyed Mexican dinner out with Pat and Del, as they were preparing to return to Bellingham this morning. We definitely will miss them and just knowing they are not in Tucson really leaves a big void. We will look forward to seeing them again in October.

Tonight we met other friends for dinner and enjoyed their fellowship. It had been awhile since we had visited with the Chapmans.

Goodness, seems like we keep busy eating out....and then I have to find excuses to my Doctor why I haven't lost any weight....yikes!

I really felt when we moved into the mobile park that it would be for a short time, but here we are 2 years later and I still don't feel the desire to move....maybe later, but not now. Now I have been feeling the burden of not being busy for the Lord, and the Lord has definitely been working on me and not giving me too much peace...and, deep down I have known what He wants me to do. So this Fall, Lord willing, I hope to start a Women's Bible Study Fellowship. There is a tremendous need and I am willing to let the Lord use me in this area if He desires. Nothing happens during the summer in the Desert...totally siesta time during the heat. I am expecting big things to happen, so Fall gives me ample time to make arrangements. Please pray that God will open doors and hearts during this planning stage.

In another week or so, Denny and Lorraine Sorenson will be here and we are so excited to have them in the park with us. How I love our family and many friends...yes, I am definitely a very happy and blessed
Arizona Gramma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MaryAnn,
It is such a pleasure to read your posts. I'm so glad you had such a blessed Easter and that you are enjoying life in the park as much as you do. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures and all of the blessings the Lord has bestowed upon you and your family. You are a true blessing and light!:)
(((Hugs)))
Jana