


This time of year in Arizona is all about the weather!! We always have many visitors and everyone is hoping for tons of sunshine...pool time...and patio dining. We usually are able to meet these requirements, but we do have a mild winter too and it is not unusual for a winter storm to blow through, dropping our temperatures and leaving a dusting of snow on our many mountains. The good news is our occasional storms will only last a couple of days and then it is back to our awesome weather. Today it was an awesome 93 degrees in our Park...we often feel we are on an extended vacation with no need to travel away from home. I can remember living in Bellingham and just about every six months I would feel I needed to get some sunshine - either in Arizona or Hawaii. Now here we are and I love every minute of it. We are also very blessed to have Tom, Shari and boys close by, otherwise it would be difficult to live so far away from them.
Recently good friends, Dave and Joyce Langley, were here and it was soooo good to see them. Unfortunately, their visit was short and sweet. We dearly love them and it was like having family home. We will be seeing them this summer and we will continue our visiting together.
Other good friends, Del and Pat Bosman, have been in Tucson this past month and we more than love having them around. We recently enjoyed dinner at our 50's Diner during a large car show that delighted Del and Wayne.
We have many visitors schedule to visit during the next two months. I think I need to add days to my calendar.
Tomorrow is our son's 50th Birthday....does that ever make me feel old!! We won't be able to be with him on his birthday, but we definitely will be talking to him. He and I decided that I should celebrate his birthday too....I worked very hard 50 years ago to bring him into this world, so I am also going to have a big celebration!! Dana is baking his favorite oatmeal cake, which he requested. I am sure Dana and Tiffany will make the day very special for him. We could not ask for a better Son...we are blessed.
Recent events in our Park included the annual St. Patrick's Day Golf Cart Parade...as usual Wayne decorated our cart and Rob and Ted had fun riding on the back. I did post a picture on facebook...can't find it now, so perhaps it was eaten...ha! Last week we attended a lovely banquet for all couples married over 50 years!! We definitely qualified at 56 years. It was great to see another 40 couples there. Again, being my usual self, I forgot to take pictures. I think the Park was taking pictures, so will post something later.
RESURRECTION DAY is this Sunday. We will be attending Church with Tom, Shari and boys and then having dinner at the Country Club in Green Valley. We are looking forward to celebrating the day that Christ arose from the grave.
Wayne begins his 5 day guard duty at our Park tomorrow. If you were visiting, he would be waving you through our gate.
EASTER BLESSINGS to each of you....
I am so blessed and happy to be an ARIZONA GRAMMA
No comments:
Post a Comment