Saturday, January 9, 2010

WHY I LOVE LIVING IN ARIZONA






Many years ago one of our Church Pastors, Dr.Stan Gundry, would tell us about the beautiful Arizona sunsets, as he was born and raised in the Desert. At that time I had no interest in visiting Arizona, let alone visualizing sunsets. I totally thought he was being prejudice, as this was his homeland. Well, let me tell you....our sunsets are totaling amazing. Recently my good friend, Georgeann, took a few pictures of one of our beautiful sunsets. The colors are beyond description. Tucson is surrounded by mountains and often at sunset they turned vivid pink, purple and orange and are breath taking. Thank you Georgeann for allowing me to post a couple of your pictures. You do an incredible job with your camera.

I love the relaxed lifesyle of the Southwest. Waking up to sun 95% of the time, rolling out of bed, pulling on shorts and tee and knowing I am set for the day. I love that our outdoor space is an extension of our homes...casual dining at it's finest. My Lenox china and cut crystal is seldom used and a beautiful table is in style with lovely hand crafted pottery. 9 months out of the year, I enjoy being able to be outside until the very late hours....sitting and visiting with friends around a table.

Oh how I love our citrus...it is really awesome to walk outside and pick citrus off the tree for breakfast! I also love just looking at the colorful fruit on the trees. My little minature lime tree produced more limes than we could eat this year. The tree was loaded...now we have a new crop of limes sitting on the tree. Our Park has an abundance of grapefruit, orange and lemon trees. When left to ripen on the tree, the citrus is soooo delicious.

I love the ability to be able to swim outdoors in our many pools. Our previous home had a heated pool, which we were able to use 9 months of the year. Our Park has a very warm heated pool year round. Entertaining is usually done poolside and that makes for a very relaxing life style.

I love the birds that come during the winter months...we are a bird watcher's paradise. Star Gazers come to watch the stars under our clear skies.

I love the Southwest Architecture...beehive fireplace, pueblo style houses with casitas. A style I was not familiar with, but have grown to love. I love the eclectic
interior design that so personalizes a home and is certainly a welcomed change from the traditional look so popular for many years.

I love the many guest that we have as they come looking for the warm sunshine.

My list could go on and on, but I think you get the general idea.

We think we are living in a very special place and thank God daily for this little piece of paradise.

I remain a very blessed Gramma....

2 comments:

Dale & Brennan said...

Your pictures are beautiful and make me nostolgic for warmer weather.

We really, really miss living in California. Michelle loved swimming in the pool everyday and it was easier getting David out of the house because it was so warm.

Plus I think we all ate a bit healthier. Fresh fruit and chicken on the BBQ was all we craved in the summer heat.

Maybe someday we'll make it back to warmer climate but until then I'm staying inside where it's warm with a bowl of mac and cheese.

(Colleen Robinson)

Anonymous said...

I still love and long for the desert, but for the last 30 years Pat and have lived in beautiful, but cold and wintry Michigan.

I will write more to your email address.