Where o where does time go? Each day my mind has a long agenda that I hope to fulfill, but at the end of the day I haven't made a dent. Wayne made a remark the other day that he has never grown old before and therefore isn't sure what he is supposed to be feeling. I told him to just keep thinking those young at heart thoughts.
This will be the first time in many years that I will not be visiting up north for a few months. I will miss that time with family and friends, but until my back gets better I know I am more comfortable to stay at home. Hopefully by Fall I will be running around again. We are still planning a Hawaiian vacation this coming winter, so my back had better be back to normal by then. I will soon be beginning a new spinal treatment....I will give updates on this. The Insurance saga goes on and on.
One of the joys of staying at home this summer is enjoying our summer monsoon season. Yes, it is extremely hot, but we are well equipped for the heat....our mornings and evenings are delightful and afternoons are siesta times. You definitely learn to live in the Desert. But monsoons make the hot summers more than enjoyable. The National Geographic published a large report several years ago stating that Tucson is the lightening Capital of the world and I totally believe this.....the storms appear out of nowhere....they are violent with torrents of rain, blowing wind, lightening crashes and the roar of thunder beyond belief......and I love every minute of it. They can be over in a very short period of time and the bright sunshine will be smiling again. Flooding can happen rapidly, as our ground is very hard and bone dry and there is no place for the water to go. At least our rivers and washes finally have water flowing down them.
On the home front.....everyone is doing well. Rob and Ted are enjoying their new home and resort area. Our schools begin session the first week in August and they are excited to begin this new journey. They are looking for a new Church home to have like minded friends. Tom left this morning for a business trip to Boston.....we will be celebrating his birthday later this week. Shari continues to be busy with her fund raising activities for Children Charities. We are thankful that they are all well and happpy.
Randy and Dana, plus their two dogs, are doing well......they are looking forward to a cruise later this summer. I look forward to Randy's weekly phone calls. They so enjoyed their visit with Tiffany and Jordan and they wished they were living in Seattle rather than Sacramento.
As I write this.....our temperature is 110 and Wayne is literally enjoying an afternoon siesta. As I pause to reflect upon things around us, I have a joyful heart for our many blessings.
Arizona Gramma
No comments:
Post a Comment