
Precious little Molly was a member of our family for the past twelve years and it is with very sad and heavy hearts that we had to say goodbye to her early friday morning.
Molly was the most perfect dog that we would ever hope for. She was a tiny Yorkshire Terrier weighing a bit over 5 lbs, but she emitted a ton of love and joy. She was not a barker, however she would alert me at night if something was near our house. She never ate or begged for people food, but she enjoyed a little toast with butter. She was the most remarkable traveler and was excited to hop in her travel bag to go anywhere I went. Once she was in her bag there was never a peep out of her. She sat right at my feet on an airplane and was just happy to be there. She was completely trained to use her little potty pad.....I could put her pad down in a bathroom stall at the airport and she would immediately use it. She loved to go to Target with me....sit in the child seat and watch the world go by without one bit of noise. She loved the attention she would get and would act like a princess that expected it. The above picture shows Molly in the center of Muffin and to the right Timmy, who was Tiffany's little Yorkie. Now all of our Yorkies have passed away.
Very early this past friday morning, Molly began to have labored breathing and runny eyes. I thought she was having problems with allergies. I kept her right beside me and soon knew I had to get her to the emergency pet hospital. But, before I could reach for the phone she collapsed. I immediately called my neighbor, Jim, who came in seconds. Molly seemed to revive a little, but before we could leave for the hospital she died. Her little heart had just given up.
Wayne flew home immediately and arrived Friday afternoon. Our entire family has been grieving over this little Angel dog. Her DVM sent us a beautiful poem from Pawprints:
I am the wind blowing through your hair
and the warmth you feel in the air,
When that smile creeps on your face,
remember that I am in a good place.
And when you're feeling sad and down,
recall memories of me running around,
You don't need to look low and high,
just search way deep inside,
And know that we'll never be apart,
for I have left my pawprints on your heart.
Molly left more than pawprints in our hearts and she will be remembered with much love and happiness.
It is so sad to say farewell to this precious Angel dog who was my shadow for 12 years.
Thank you Molly for filling our home with many memories and happiness.
Your Arizona Gramma.
1 comment:
I feel for you! We lost our Hunter (golden retriever) 3 yrs ago and still miss him soooo much. We still have Tanner (6yo) and our new baby Tucker (10 weeks)(all golden retrievers) to help fill the void. Dogs are a special part of the family aren't they!
Post a Comment