ACCIDENT UPDATE: Well, this past Monday I had a most unpleasant deposition taken for the Insurance Company. One of the hardest things I had to do was park underground at the Library and walk 1-1/2 blocks.....with the hot sun (105 degrees), a very sore back and leg, I was a total wreck by the time I walked (.my max for walking is about 1/2 block) to the point of the deposition. I felt like my Parkinson's brain had been fried! Next time (heaven forbid) I will take a taxi for that distance. Then....I was supposed to be bright, alert with total recall for the past 17 years. Goodness....I was having a hard time remembering what has transpired the past two years!! Needless to say....I did not do well. The tears were flowing by the time I finally got back to my car and it has taken me two days to get my Parkinson's back under control.
Many years ago, I was involved in another rear end accident (not our fault), and settlement of medical bills was simple....the adjuster came to our Attorney's office and things were settled and no deposition had to be given. This deposition was a solid 2 hours and was just plain BRUTALl! This accident was not my fault and I would gladly return my back and leg pain. With two children working for the Airlines, I could be traveling all over the Country and moving into our mobile home was part of this plan. Now I am going to be lucky to fly north this summer for our annual school reunion, family reunions and weddings. Geesh!! Enough of this....I promise to keep you updated and in a better frame of mind next time.....teehee.
I had promised the boys that I would be at their ballgame following deposition, but by the time I got there, I was in such pain that after 1/2 hour I had to leave......grrrrr! I am trying to get in that better frame of mind :-)
MOTHER'S DAY was spent with Tom, Shari and boys. Following dinner, we all returned home for much needed naps. The remainder of the day the boys spent in the pool. Our weather is very hot, but beautiful. Randy said he was filling his pockets with hot air and releasing it in Seattle. I don't think that worked.
RANDY'S VISIT: Randy was here for 5 days last week and we always look forward to his visits. He loves our Park and enjoys checking out all the new changes. He especially enjoyed watching Rob and Ted's ballgames.....and of course, they get excited when their Uncle Randy is watching them. We were able to attend Rob's violin concert.....he did such a good job, especially since he is the only 3rd grader in the orchestra. The boys standing beside Rob in the above picture is a year older....our boys are big! A few hours was spent playing baseball and bowling on the wii with them. Another first for Randy was visiting Shari's new home in Sahuarita. Like the rest of us, he is anticipating their move.
Randy and Wayne flew to Seattle together on Thursday......Wayne spent Thursday night with Randy and Dana.....Dana, bless her heart, had many meals fixed for Wayne to take with him to Bellingham. That was really appreciated. This is a short trip for Wayne and he will return next week. Hopefully for good soon, as I am needing his help more and more.
All for this time....and despite the brutal deposition....I am blessed and I remain a very grateful ARIZONA GRAMMA.
No comments:
Post a Comment