
This is my little corner of the world where I document my family journal…..Hopefully, someday it will be a journal for my grandchildren to look back and remember what was happening in Gramma’s life.
We just celebrated Mother's Day 2010. At 73 years of age, I enjoy all holidays and events more and more..ha! As much as I enjoy being a Mother and Gramma, my thoughts are of my own deceased Mother, who I think of daily. She is the reason that I am who I am today and I was blessed to have a wise and Godly Mother. She loved her children and Grandchildren and I so understand that love with my own family. She was strict in my upbringing (thank you Mom) and we certainly knew where not to cross the line!! I would want her to be proud of her family....to know they are walking with her God and making the right choices in life.
Living many miles from her resting place I felt badly that I couldn't place flowers on her grave to honor the special woman that she was. Wayne is faithful in doing this when he is in Bellingham, but I am determined to hire someone to do it if he or I can't be there. We talked of her often yesterda as we celebrated the day.
And....celebrate we did! Wayne and I spent the day with Shari, Tom, Rob and Teddy. We had an awesome brunch (thanks to Jana Taft's Dutch babies recipe)....watched a movie "UP" in their upstairs entertainment room, which is so comfortable. Rob and Ted you had seen the movie before, but you laughed so much that I was laughing just watching you. It was a very cute movie!! You also gave me a new crockpot, which I was in need of. My old crockpot is often too large for Gramps and me. The new one is perfect...thank you so much.
I am forever telling my family....please no gifts....just phone calls or a card, but they never mind their Mother. A beautiful floral arrangement arrived from Randy and Dana, along with a special box of chocolates and phone calls. Plus...greetings were sent from Tiffany. I am sooo blessed.
We are so excited for Tom and Shari's new pool. One permit has been approved and just waiting for the final one, which should be any day. Pool construction will begin immediately. It is really a beautiful pool with two water features and will add so much to their living space. Their patio will be a wonderful entertaining area.
Randy and Dana will be here in one week and soooo excited for them to come. Teddy also has a May birthday....a lot of activity will be happening. I always get so involved talking, I constantly forget to take pictures. Hopefully, I will do better!
Activity of my family continues to remind me that I am a very blessed
ARIZONA GRAMMA.
No comments:
Post a Comment