Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of School




As I reflect back through the years and remember the first day of school each year for Randy and Shari, it was always traumatic....and emotional.....for me!! I would always take them to school on that first day, but somehow I just couldn't make myself drive away once I returned to the car. I kept thinking that surely there was something they would need or I forgot to give them everything. Finally, I would have no more excuses and I would drive away with a very heavy heart. After the first day, they would usually ride the school bus and I would let the tears flow as the bus pulled away. It would take a good week before I would get my emotions controlled and see the brighter side of this picture.

Does it get better with the Grandchildren.....Noooooo!! I did a lot of praying this year when Rob and Ted started School in Rancho Sahaurita on August 4th. I told myself perhaps it was because they were entering a larger school in a new town, but I knew I had felt this way the beginning of each of their school years. Well, this Gramma had to drive down and be there when Shari picked them up after that first day of school. Besides it was fun and special to be there to share in their day activities.
We then went out for special treats to top off the school day.

Well....they each enjoyed their first day of school and they like their teachers and now I guess I can relax.....until next year!!
I am so thankful for the blessings of being their Arizona Gramma.

No comments: